Compile your lists in a plenary
session if you have been working in groups and review further
what you have found.
- Do you know all the civil
- What can you do to get a better
idea of the different groups and their roles?
- How strong is the interaction
between the civic groups and the health sector?
Choose a key public health
goal, such as ensuring safe water supplies, preventing youth
smoking, or supporting people with HIV/AIDS.
- Do any of the civic groups
you have listed have a role to play in achieving this goal? What
is that role?
- What measures can the state
take to organise civil society to support the public health goal
- motivational, compulsive, incentive, joint working? Which are
likely to work best?
If the civic groups you
know about have a role in achieving public health goals, then
let's explore further how well that role is being exercised.
This is the theme of the next module.